1. Start Researching ProgramsThe Illinois Tech Study Abroad Office administers several types of study abroad and away programs in countries all over the world! Check out the types of programs available and how financial aid applies or use different criteria to search for the program that is the best fit for you. You can search by location, term, program type, the language of instruction, the field of study (major), and more!
2. Identify your GoalsMaybe you want to use your time abroad to hone your language skills, conduct research that will prepare you for graduate school, focus on developing career skills, or engage with the local community. Identifying what you want to get out of your program is a critical step to the application process. Complete an advising form and the Study Abroad office will reach out to you to set up an appointment!
3. Determine Academic NeedsIf you want your Study Abroad Program to be incorporated into your academic plan, you will want to discuss this with your Academic Advisor(s) early on so that they can help you identify what requirements you need to fulfill before graduation. Below you'll find some helpful tips for your Academic Advisor as you discuss your study abroad plan.
4. Research your Financial SituationThe costs of a study abroad program depend completely on the program you choose. For some, it could be the same as a semester at Illinois Tech, plus airfare and any personal travel; for others it could actually be cheaper if the tuition at a partner institution is considerably lower than that of Illinois Tech. To determine the best type of program for you based on your financial situation, email the Financial Aid & Elevate Specialist, Carly Logeais-Goldberg (email@example.com) or check out the Financial Aid & Scholarships page.
5. Begin your ApplicationAfter you have found your perfect program, you are ready to start an online application!
TIP: If your perfect program's application hasn't opened yet, submit an advising form here (mentioning your program of choice) and we'll add you to it as soon as it opens!
|Fall & Academic Year||March 1|
*Some program application deadlines may vary. Please check the program brochure to confirm the application deadline.